Hot & Cold Stone Reflexology CPD Training with Katy Wayne
I am excited to offer this practical based CPD training day; you will be taught a series of techniques to incorporate into your existing treatment routine. You will develop your underpinning knowledge and practical skills throughout the day and upon completion you will be confident to work with a range of stones to offer your clients a new level of relaxation and benefits.
Stone therapy originated many thousands of years ago and can be evidenced in many cultures such as Inca, Egyptian, Chinese and Native American. Healers originally used stones from rivers, and they heated them in coals or hot water to then place them on the energy centres to release pain and muscle tension as well as to promote spiritual and physical balancing. Hot Stone Reflexology involves using a range of smooth stones, heated and used to massage the lower leg, and to carry out the reflexology treatment using the heat, unique shape, and energy of the stone to work up to 5 times deeper into the reflexes.
How will Hot & Cold Stones benefit your clients -
- A combination of hot and cold stones can be used to promote deeper relaxation.
- Hot Stone Reflexology penetrates deeper into the tissue resulting in 5 times longer lasting effect upon the body.
- Stones may be used to ground and calm.
- Hot stones have been shown to lower cortisol levels and help to support the parasympathetic nervous system to help the body reverse the ‘flight’ stress reaction.
- It is documented that ancient civilizations believed that the use of stones cleanses the body, relaxes the heart, grounds the soul and soothes the mind.
Benefits to you –
- You can utilise the stones as tools to save your hands and joints.
- Once you feel confident with stone therapy, it can be adapted and used in many different treatments.
- A great marketing tool – a fantastic USP for making yourself stand out as offering something different as well as truly beneficial.
- This a wonderful addition to your toolbox giving you something extra to offer your clients.
You will require a kit for this training. Throughout the day I will be working with the professional Vulisini Hot Stone Heating Bag – these bags are easy to use for all therapists; including mobile therapists. So you can get the best price possible, I have arranged with Vulsini for you to be able to buy direct with them and in addition a 10% discount code to be used on the Vilsini website. I issue this code on receipt of your booking fee and CPD course confirmation. Follow the link below to view the 3 pieces of kit I recommend:
What is Hot & Cold Stone Reflexology?
The basalt stones are either incorporated into a reflexology treatment or are used for the whole treatment with no thumb walking at all. The large stones may be utilised to warm and massage the legs and feet, and smaller stones to work reflex points and target more specific areas. The treatment is extremely relaxing for the client and also feels wonderful for your hands, the heat will do the work rather than your fingers and thumbs. Cool stones may be utilised within treatments to support clients with muscle injuries or inflammation.
Training Day Overview
The morning will commence with a brief introduction into the theory and practice of Hot Stone therapy with a demonstration as to how a range of stones can be utilised to enhance your Reflexology treatments. You will receive a training manual to take away with you full of key information.
The remainder of the day will be practical reflexology, so be prepared to experience 1st hand the wonderful benefits of this therapy. You will be working on each other, and as classes are small you are guaranteed plenty of individual tuition.
You do not need to learn a new sequence for this course, it is about learning how to incorporate these techniques into your current treatment planning and routines.
Refreshments will be provided, but please bring your lunch with you.
Prerequisites: Please note that these courses are for those already holding a Diploma Level 3 or above in reflexology. Course details Each course is limited to 10 places to guarantee you will receive plenty of individual attention in a warm, friendly, and supportive environment.
£80.00 deposit with balance of £80.00 due on the day.
To book, please use the buttons below:
Friday 9th September - DoubleTree by Hilton, Sheffield
Course Times: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Can't make of the dates, or course not listed in your area?
If you would like to be kept up to date with CPD training coming to your area please click here
This course will give: AOR 7 points, FHT 5 points and PR 7 points,
Please note, you are booking direct with Katy Wayne for this course.