Skip to main content

If you want to learn Reflexology and you want to earn a living being a professional Reflexology Practitioner, this article is for you:

The first thing you want to ensure is that the Association of Reflexologists and/or Federation of Holistic Therapists accepts the course you are thinking of taking. This ensures you can become a member once you are qualified. Their phone numbers are:

  • (AoR) 01823 351010,
  • (FHT) 023 8062 4350.

Then think about the qualification you want to take: In the UK there are two regulated qualifications: Level 3 and Level 5. Unfortunately there are many un-regulated course providers too, so how do you tell the real from the fake? Level 5 – is administered by the Integrated Reflexology Consortium (IRC) and Awarded by Agored Cymru. This will even give you University credits once you have qualified. To see a map of the IRC centres and find a venue near you, please visit .
Level 3 - Awarding bodies that offer Level 3 training are VTCT, City & Guilds CIBTAC and ITEC.

Choose which level of qualification you want to learn at: If you want to be the best, then the answer is easy – choose level 5. Don’t think that you have to learn at level 3 first, you don’t. Level 5 is designed to take a student from no knowledge at all and equip you with all the skills you need.

Then think about ease of learning: Jubilee College has ELEVEN venues in England. Should you need to swap a training date and attend the same lesson at a different venue, this is all part of our service.

Think about the support you might need: All the Jubilee College tutors are full time teachers and Reflexologists. We are available to support you right the way though the course.

Support after you have finished learning: Jubilee College gives lifetime support to all its graduates!

Ask to visit a class so you can meet current students and your tutor. Jubilee College actively encourages this…… and we also love giving you a free treatment during your visit.


Avoid online courses: None of these are accepted by any of the genuine membership associations, so are worthless.

Watch out for courses that only allow you to join their own Membership Association. These are very often unregulated courses and you will find yourself restricted once you have qualified.

If the website of the training provider doesn’t mention Integrated Reflexology Consortium, VTCT, City & Guilds CIBTAC or ITEC, stay well away from them.

Lastly if the website talks about ‘equivalent to’ Level 3 or Level 5 or if they mention a ‘bridging course’ to Level 5 it is a fake qualification.

It is a shame that there is so much confusion when looking for genuine Reflexology training. I hope this article helps guide you and wherever you wish to train I hope you will have a fantastic and rewarding career in Reflexology ahead of you.