Confused about which course?

There are many courses and organisations, all offering different qualifications and styles of training - this can be very confusing when trying to choose the right Reflexology course for you.

Firstly, ensure that you don't enrole on a distance learning or correspondance course - none of the membership organisations listed on this website will accept these kind of courses.

Secondly, please be aware that there is a huge variety of standards in the level 3 training market (this is why we don't teach it). We even know of a school whereyou can train on a level 3 course that lasts for just 6 half-day lessons, but  can occasionally find a good level 3 school that will teach you over a full year. Most of the level 3 courses now seem to be a combination of distance learning and 5 or 6 days learning practical Reflexology in class. We really don't think you can learn to be a proper clinical Reflexologist after just 5 or 6 days training.

Jubilee College only offers the best in Reflexology training. We are a partnership centre with Centralia, so we can offer the Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology (also known as Centralia Reflexology Mastership). Agored is an awarding body recognised by CQFW one of the regulators for qualifications in the UK. This qualification is the highest level of Reflexology training you can undertake in the UK.

Find out if the school you are proposing to study with, enables you to join the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC - the UK complementary healthcare regulator), via the professional organisation it is linked to. For example, Jubilee College is linked with the Association of Reflexologists, the UK's largest and longest running Reflexology Association. Also be aware that some of the level 3 'practitioner diplomas' don't meet the CNHC enrty criteria.

Then, find out if the course is delivered entirely by the college you are thinking of training with. Some training establishments will 'farm out' part of their training (particularly Anatomy and Physiology) to online training providers - you may then not get the necessary teaching support for this element of the course. Jubilee College trains all its student for 100% of the course, giving dedicated contact teaching.

Finally, if the course provider describes their course as "Level 5 equivalent" (or anything else that sounds like "equivalent"), it will be nothing of the sort. A level five course is either just that, or nothing at all. There are no other Reflexology courses that are officially recognised at Level five, apart from Centralia's in the UK, and there is no Reflexology course that is currently higher than this level. (You can get a degree in Complementary Therapies [Level 6], but the university will use an awarding body for each of the component therapies on the course).

[Return to Top]


[Return to Top]


What do all these different levels mean - level 3, level5?

We are very grateful to Agored Cymru for allowing us to use the diagram below. This identifies Level 5 as a Foundation Degree. This leveling chart is representative for all qualifications in England, Northern Ireland (QCF) and Wales (CQFW) . (Please not the levelling grades are different in Scotland [a level 8 in Scotland is the same as a level 5 in England and Wales]).
agored levels

So in short the Level 3 = an A-Level and our Level 5 = a Foundation Degree

[Return to Top]


Why is it good to belong to a reputable professional organisation?

  • Use of the letters MAR, mFHT, CHP or CThA (dependant on the organisation - all these organisations accept the Level 5 Mastership)
  • All associations have a very useful "Find a Reflexologist" register
  • Use of the organisations logo on all your advertising literature
  • Peer group support from local area groups
  • Latest industry information via newsletters and journals
  • Access to research papers
  • Access to "Members Area" on their website
  • Reflexology advice
  • Low cost, high cover, insurance policy from top insurance company
  • Fully accredited CPD events and international speakers


Why choose Jubilee College?

Our Training
Jubilee College, unlike many other training establishments, will train you to become a Clinical Reflexologist - capable of treating specific conditions. It is also one of the the largest Reflexology training colleges in the UK, with eight training venues in York, Sheffield, Nottingham / Derby, Leicester, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, London, Belfast and Dublin. Students wishing to swap training dates between the venues are able to do so, making training throughout the year easier. In addition, the College also operates a flexible training plan, so if you need extra time to study, we will support you. Jubilee College operates a 'lifetime support' system for all graduates.

Our Staff
David Wayte runs the Leicester and Nottingham venues. He was the first Reflexologist in the UK to be a member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), is a fully qualified lecturer (CertEd), having trained at DeMontfort University, and he sits on the Reflexology Specific Board of the CNHC (CNHC is the UK regulator for Complementary Therapies).

Deborah Clarkson is the Main Course Tutor at our York college.

Katy Wayne is the Main Course Tutor at our Sheffield college

Caroline Knight is the Main Course Tutor at our Cambridge college.

Jemma Dawes is the Main Course Tutor at our Milton Keynes college.

Amanda McAuley is the Main Course Tutor at our London college.


Dorothy Kelly is the Principal of the Dorothy Kelly Academy in Belfast and Dublin. This is a 'sister centre' to Jubilee College.

[Return to Top]


What is a Clinical Reflexologist, aren't all Reflexologists the same?

A Clinical Reflexologist is someone who has been trained to the highest standards and can create a treatment protocol for many different conditions. Unfortunately, there are too many people who have taken a short course (sometimes as short as just 2 days!) or un-accredited and then call themselves Reflexologists. As these courses are so short, they cannot possibly equip a therapist to competently treat conditions.

[Return to Top]


What entry qualifications do I need?

To succeed on this course, it is more about determination and hard work (since the course is intensive), rather than previous qualifications. A GCSE in Biology will be helpful, but it is not essential. You certainly don't need to have studied previously at Further or Higher Education level to successfully qualify on this course.
You do need to be able to speak and write in English, to be able to use Microsoft 'Word'/Apple 'Pages' and submit work via e-mail.

[Return to Top]


When do the courses start?

Our courses start at various weekends in October each year, depending on the venue chosen. To view the course dates, click on the preferred venue (eg, Sheffield, Nottingham, etc).

[Return to Top]


What days are the training sessions on?

Our training days are at the weekend to enable students to still keep a job, and then train at weekends. For details of  the course dates, click on the preferred venue (eg, Sheffield, Nottingham, etc) on the Venues & Dates menu.

[Return to Top]


How long does the course last?

Our courses normally run for one academic year. However, some students prefer to extend their period of study to suit their learning speed.

[Return to Top]


What happens if I can't get to all the training dates?

100% attendance is required for the duration of the course. However, we do understand that life is full of unexpected events. Therefore, the course is designed so that students can swap training dates by attending other venues (eg, if you can't make a Nottingham venue date, you can attend the same lesson at Sheffield, or one of the other venues).

[Return to Top]


How much time will I need to spend on homework?

The answer to this does very much depend on the individual. As a rule of thumb, we suggest 4 hours of home study for every hour in class. (We have 160 hours of classroom time, so this gives a guide of 790 total qualification time). These hours include case studies which will take 45mins of practical work per session + about one hour to write them up. If you are a fast worker, then these times may be on the generous side. Conversley, if you like to take your time, you my want to spend more time on home study.

[Return to Top]


What qualification will I get?

You will qualify with the UK's highest award in Reflexology: Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology (also known as Centralia Reflexology Mastership). You will also get a level 4 in business skills for Reflexologists and in Anatomy and Physiology). This can be used, not only to become a professional Reflexologist, but also as 'accredited prior learning' towards a degree in health sciences.

[Return to Top]


How many Credits will I be awarded?

You will be awarded 79 Credits by Agored Cymru and these can be used for entrance to HE and University courses.
Credits are more important than most people realise, as they also signify that this is a 'real' qualification and not a course that isnt registered or recognised by any organisations or other teaching establishments. If you are researching which Reflexology school to attend, ensure you ask about credits - if the school can't give you this information, they might not be offering a 'real' qualification.

[Return to Top]


Don't I have to do an introductory course first?

No - many Further Education colleges will tell you that you need to do an entry-level Reflexology course first (such as a level 3 diploma) - this is completely unnecessary.

[Return to Top]


How much does the course cost?

Our course costs £2900.00 + the fee's below (inc VAT) and is payable in monthly instalments.

[Return to Top]


Are there any extra costs incurred on top of the basic course fees?

With the exception of the items listed below, everything you need to pass the course is included in the total cost:

  • Lafuma recliner chair (optional, but recommended)
  • Uniforms (not needed until after the sixth lesson)
  • Centralia approved centres fee £132.00 (payable at the first lesson)
  • Agored Cymru fee £142.00 (payable at the first lesson)
  • Student membership to the Association of Reflexologists £36.00 (payable at first lesson)
  • Any towels, pillows, or other consumables you are wanting to use

 [Return to Top]


Can I pay by interest free instalments?

Yes you can. This is done by Standing Order and is arranged at the beginning of the course.

[Return to Top]


Can I get a Student Loan for this course?

Unfortunately not. Althought the level of training is the correct level for student loans, because we are a private school our courses do not qualify for funding. To help spread the cost of the course, we give interest free repayments for the duration of the course.

[Return to Top]


How do I book for the Practitioner's Course?

Click the 'Book Here' button, for the venue of your choice, on the training page which will send your deposit to us and we will take care of the rest of your booking.


[Return to Top]